There are so many types of digital wallets for modern payments. OVO and DANA themselves are one of the digital wallets most widely used for payments in Indonesia. The question is, which one is more suitable for you and how do you transfer OVO to DANA?
The method is very easy, you know. However, before getting there, you should know the differences between the two so you can find the one that suits you best. Get to know it here, come on!
Where do OVO and DANA come from?
OVO and DANA are two digital financial applications that come from different companies. OVO is now a product from Grab, which was originally known as a ride-sharing company from Singapore. Meanwhile, DANA is a product of the company PT. Espay Debit Indonesia Koe, which is a financial company founded by Vincent Iswara.
From here, it can certainly be seen that there are differences in country of origin. Even though OVO itself was originally initiated by Lippo, it was acquired by Grab with share ownership of around 79.5%, making it one of the products owned by a company from Singapore.
However, because it originates from Indonesia, of course its features are adapted to Indonesian society. Meanwhile, DANA was created from the beginning and until now for the needs of the Indonesian people.
These two applications have different business models. OVO focuses more on the Grab service ecosystem, such as transportation, food delivery, and others. OVO also offers various reward and discount programs for users who actively use Grab services.
Meanwhile, DANA focuses more on finance and digital payments, with various features that allow users to make transactions, transfer money and invest.
OVO and DANA have a number of different features, including:
OVO provides various features for its users such as:
- OVO allows users to make payments at various physical and online stores, including restaurants, minimarkets and online stores.
- OVO is integrated with Grab services, allowing users to pay for transportation and food delivery services.
- OVO users can get points which can be exchanged for various promotions and discounts.
Meanwhile, the following are DANA's features as a digital wallet:
- Dana is an application that focuses more on digital payments and money transfers. Users can make bill payments, transfer to bank accounts, and carry out various financial transactions.
- Dana also provides investment features, such as mutual funds and precious metals.
- DANA users can register for a physical Dana card, which allows them to shop directly at various stores.
Coverage and Partners
OVO and DANA have different scopes in terms of business partners. OVO has partners related to the Grab business, while DANA has a partner network that is more related to the Google Play Store and other gaming company products.
Each application has its own advantages. OVO has an advantage in the Grab ecosystem, while DANA focuses more on financial features.
With OVO, you can use the balance in it to make transactions on Grab. In fact, you can get various promotions from Grab such as ride discounts or meal coupons.
Meanwhile, with DANA you can make 10 free interbank transfers, then try out the gold investment features, buy Play Store applications, games, and so on.
What is the Function of a Digital Wallet?
Both OVO and DANA are digital wallets that have various functions. The advantages of having a digital wallet include:
- Can make cashless payments anywhere and without a card.
- You can pay bills and buy credit just through the application.
- Can be a wallet for payment of services.
- Get various kinds of attractive discounts and promotions.
- Make direct purchases for merchants.
- Financial transactions are easier to record.
How to Transfer OVO to DANA?
If you want to use the DANA feature but need OVO or want to pay someone who uses DANA, you need to know how to transfer OVO to DANA. Here are the steps:
- First of all, open the OVO application and log in. If you haven't registered yet, register yourself first.
- Then, you can select the “Transfer” menu which is in the main menu.
- Then, select “Transfer to Bank Account” and search for CIMB Niaga Bank.
- Then, enter the DANA account number you want to use. Previously, write code 8059 and follow it with the cellphone number registered with DANA.
- Input the nominal amount that you transfer to your DANA account. Remember, you cannot transfer a nominal amount below IDR 10,000.00.
- You can add a special message or delivery news. However, this is optional.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your OVO PIN.
That's how you can transfer from OVO to DANA easily, the benefits, and also the various advantages and disadvantages. Digital wallets can be an interesting financial feature that makes your life easier and also gives you many benefits.