Dark web is a part of the internet that is not accessible by regular search engines like Google or Bing. The dark web contains encrypted websites that can only be accessed using special software such as Tor (The Onion Router). The dark web is often used for illegal, dangerous, or immoral activities, such as the sale of drugs, weapons, personal data, or hitman services. However, the dark web can also be used for legitimate purposes, such as privacy, security, or activism.
1. What is the Difference Between Deep Web and Dark Web?
The dark web is a part of deep web, which is the part of the internet that is not indexed by search engines. The deep web contains data that is personal, confidential, or sensitive, such as email accounts, banking documents, medical records, government databases, and so on. The deep web is not necessarily illegal, but requires authorization or authentication to access it.
The dark web is the smallest part of the deep web that contains websites that are deliberately hidden from the public. The dark web requires special software that can hide a user's identity and location from prying eyes. The dark web is often illegal, as it is widely used for criminal or immoral activities.
2. How to Access the Dark Web?
To access the dark web, you need to follow these steps:
Download and install Tor Browser:
Tor Browser is a free web browser that allows you to access the dark web safely and anonymously. You can download Tor Browser from its official website at https://www.torproject.org/. After downloading, you have to install Tor Browser on your computer according to the given instructions.
Open Tor Browser and search for dark web websites:
After installing Tor Browser, you can open it and start browsing the dark web. You can search for dark web websites that you want to visit by using special search engines on the dark web, such as DuckDuckGo, Ahmiaor Onion Search Engine. You can also find a list of popular or recommended dark web websites on websites like The Hidden Wiki or Dark Web Links. However, you should be careful and skeptical when visiting dark web websites, as many contain fake, malicious or fraudulent content.
Browse dark web websites wisely and carefully:
Once you find the dark web website you want to visit, you can click on its address and enter it. However, you should always maintain your security and privacy when browsing the dark web, as there are many risks and threats that can harm you. Some tips you can follow are:
- Never give out your personal information: You may not provide your name, address, telephone number, email, or other information that could identify you to anyone on the dark web. You also shouldn't use accounts or services that you use on the regular internet, such as Facebook, Gmail, or PayPal, on the dark web. If you need to create a new account or service on the dark web, use a pseudonym, an anonymous email address, and a different, strong password.
- Never engage in illegal or dangerous activities: You should not buy or sell illegal or dangerous goods or services on the dark web, such as drugs, weapons, people, or hitman services, as you may be arrested, fined, or imprisoned by the authorities. You should also not view or share cruel, disgusting, or immoral content on the dark web, such as violence, torture, murder, or extreme pornography, as you may experience trauma, stress, or mental disorders.
3. What are the Common Questions About the Dark Web?
Here are some frequently asked questions about the dark web, along with answers:
- Is the dark web illegal?: No, the dark web itself is not illegal, because it is only a part of the internet that is not indexed by search engines. You can access the dark web for legitimate purposes, such as privacy, security, or activism, without breaking the law. However, there is a part of the dark web called darknetwhich contains illegal, harmful, or immoral content or activities, which you may violate the law if you access.
- Is the dark web safe?: It depends, the dark web can be a safe place if you use it wisely and carefully, and follow the previously mentioned security tips. However, the dark web can also be a dangerous place if you are not careful, as there are many risks and threats that can harm you, such as hackers, identity thieves, fraudsters, illegal traders, or shocking or disturbing content.
- Is the dark web dangerous?: It depends, the dark web can be a dangerous place if you're not careful, as there are many risks and threats that can harm you, such as hackers, identity thieves, fraudsters, illegal traders, or shocking or disturbing content. You should always be alert and careful when browsing the dark web, and never engage in illegal or dangerous activities. However, the dark web can also be a useful place if you use it for legitimate purposes, such as privacy, security, or activism, and follow the previously mentioned security tips.
That's the article I wrote about [apa itu dark web] and why you should be careful. I hope this article can provide you with useful and interesting information on this topic. If you have any questions, suggestions, or criticism, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading this article. (*/Ed)
Also read: Cyber Ethics: Ethics in Using the Internet