This article will discuss how to register for a new Gmail via cellphone and laptop. Why Gmail (Google Account)? Because Android phones have many services that require a “Google Account” to access them. Examples of services are Gmail, YouTube, Play Store, Google Drive.
As initial information, you can register for Gmail by accessing the official website at https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?flowEntry=SignUp. The complete tutorial will be discussed at the bottom of this article. However, if you want to register for email directly via the Gmail application on your cellphone, please read the article “How to Register for Email”.
What is Gmail?
Gmail is a free electronic mail service provided by Google. Gmail allows users to send and receive email online via a web browser or via an email application on a mobile device. This service was launched in 2004 and has since become one of the most popular email services in the world.
Gmail has complete features such as spam filtering features, labels to help organize emails, the ability to send and receive emails with file attachments, and also integration with other Google applications such as Google Drive and Google Calendar. Gmail also offers a very large email storage capacity, up to 15GB, so users can store thousands of emails and attachments without worrying about running out of storage space.
Additionally, Gmail also has strong security features such as phishing detection, two-factor verification, and the ability to restore accounts in the event of loss of access or hacking. Gmail can also be accessed from anywhere, as long as it is connected to the internet, making it easier for users to access their email from various devices, anywhere and anytime.
How to Register New Gmail on HP 2023
- Visit the page https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?flowEntry=SignUp to start the Gmail registration process.
- Click the “Add account to device” button.
- Click “Create Account” > “For yourself”.
- Enter information on first name, last name, date of birth, gender.
- Create the email address you want, make sure it is still available. Combine with numbers to make it more unique.
- Create a password to secure your account. Write down the password you have created on paper so you don't forget it later.
- Add a phone number. You can skip this step by scrolling down, then clicking “Skip”.
- Review and memorize the email address you have created, then click the “Next” button.
- Agree to Google's “Privacy and Terms.”
The Gmail registration process is complete. You can access the Gmail account that you just created via the Gmail application on your cellphone.
How to Login to Gmail on a New Device (both cellphone and computer)
- Access the link https://accounts.google.com/AccountChooser/signinchooser?flowEntry=AccountChooser&flowName=GlifWebSignIn.
- Select “Use another account” or “Use another account”.
- Enter the email address and password that you created during the Gmail account registration process.
How to Change Google Account Profile Photo
- Open the link https://myaccount.google.com/.
- Log in using the Gmail account you just created.
- Then go to the “Personal Info” menu.
- Click the camera icon on the Gmail profile photo, then select the new profile photo you want.
Changing your Gmail profile photo will replace all photos in the Google account service. This means, your YouTube profile photo will also change. Because, one Google account is connected to all Google services such as YouTube, Gmail, Blogger and others.
How to Secure Your Google Account
Securing your Google account is the first thing you should really pay attention to. Because if it is too late, the risk of losing your account, losing your account and other bad risks will be difficult or even impossible to overcome. If you want to secure your Gmail, YouTube, AdSense, Blogger and other Google services accounts, all you need to set up is a Google account.
- Open https://myaccount.google.com/security, then log in using the Google account for which you want to set verification. If you have logged in previously, make sure the account is correct. Tap the profile icon in the top right corner to change accounts.
- Go to the “Security” tab, scroll down the screen, under “Your devices”, select “Manage devices”.
- If there is more than one device (cellphone, laptop), log out of all devices until you only have one device that you are using, then tap the arrow button to return to the main menu.
- Go back to the “Security” tab, select “2-step verification”. Select Chrome to open the link, then log in using the account you want to set verification for.
- A page will open for 2-step verification settings, scroll down, select “START”, then log in again with the account password.
- On the next page, there is information about the device that you will use as a verification method. Scroll down, tap the “TRY NOW” button.
- After pressing the try button, a verification window will appear on your cellphone. Select yes.
- The next step is to determine the backup verification options. You can use your cellphone number or use a unique code that you must note down. Please choose according to your convenience. For the purposes of this article, I am using cellphone numbers for the backup option. Enter your cellphone number in the column provided, select SMS, then tap the “SEND” button.
- Wait for the SMS from Google, enter the code that Google sent via SMS into the column provided, then tap the “NEXT” button.
- Select “ACTIVATE”. Now your account is safer because it uses 2-step verification.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
By default, Google will not ask for a telephone number, unless the device used has registered for Gmail too many times on the same day, uses a suspicious internet network and for several other security reasons. Please try another cellphone to register if Google asks for a phone number.
Same. Gmail is the brand name of a free email service from Google. So when you create Gmail, you automatically also create an email.
Gmail is a free email service from Google that must be accessed using a Google account. With a Google account, we can get various free services such as Gmail, YouTube, Play Store, Drive and others.
If what is asked is a Gmail email, then the answer is yes. Even in the Gmail application itself there is an “Add account” feature so that users can create a Google Mail account more than once.
Can. Gmail can send and receive email from other email services, including Yahoo.
Yes, if you create a password that is too easy to guess. So, change your Gmail password to a password that is hard to guess. Then never enter your password on a website other than Gmail, because there are many out there who try to steal email data using the phishing method.