Confused about how to record the screen in Windows? We have a solution, one of which is recording the Widnows screen using OBS Studio. This is a quite popular application where it can record the screen with various complete features.
Usually, recording the Windows screen using OBS Studio is used for content needs, whether it's recording while you're playing a game, face cam, and the need for content on YouTube.
So, for a more complete explanation about OBS Studio, how to record a Windows screen using OBS Studio, and its features, we will discuss everything in the following article.
Also Read: Best Handheld Game Console
What is OBS Studio?
Before going into the main discussion about how to record a Windows screen using OBS Studio, let's first get to know what OBS Studio is. This is an application where you can improve the video quality while broadcasting on various sites platforms digital.
Usually, the OBS Studio application is used to maximize the quality of video streaming real-time. Even though it is actually to improve video quality, OBS Studio also has a feature for recording the screen.
Oh yes, you should also know that OBS Studio is an application open source so anyone can access, download and use it for free on all devices. However, generally, OBS Studio is used on Windows, Mac OS
Questioning interfaces, It should be acknowledged that OBS Studio might confuse new users because its appearance is very complex. Even so, once you understand where each feature is, you will get used to it.
Also Read: Best Laptops for Students
Features in OBS Studio
Recording the Windows screen using OBS Studio is one of the features in OBS Studio. So, what other features do OBS Studio have? For more details, see the following explanation:
1. Multicam Live
You need to know that screen displays on television are not just the result of one camera. In an event, several cameras are usually used to record every movement from various angles. Well, these recordings are usually displayed alternately depending on the scene required.
Uniquely, in OBS Studio you can do something similar as before where you can enter several scenes or scene so you can record video directly multicam. That way, the resulting video feels more interesting and professional.
2. Audio Mixer
Besides multicam or insert several videos while going LIVE, OBS Studio also has features audio mixer. This feature allows you to organize and manage the audio for each scene you are working on, so you can provide the best audio quality for the audience.
For example, you can show scenes certain, while the audio is different from scenes then you can also directly change the audio during the broadcast. This feature is very useful when you are broadcasting with lots of external microphones.
Also Read: Best Thin Laptop
3. Screen Recording
This is what we are discussing this time, namely recording the Windows screen using OBS Studio. Actually, it's not only Windows that can record the screen using OBS, because several devices can also rely on OBS Studio to record the screen.
This application is even quite popular among gamers who like to record Windows screens using OBS Studio because this feature can record the screen directly real-time. Usually they use OBS Studio to record while playing and then distribute it to several platforms, one of them is YouTube.
4. Running Text
If you're worried about forgetting what you want to talk about during the broadcast, this OBS Studio feature will be very helpful. The name of this feature is running text or running text where the text you have to say during the broadcast can be displayed on the screen.
However, you have to copy a text link that you want to read into the OBS application first. Oh yes, you can use this feature when broadcasting LIVE on Instagram you know.
How to Record Windows Screen Using OBS Studio
So, now that you know the complete explanation about OBS Studio, now is the time to practice one of the features in OBS Studio. This time we specialize in providing a tutorial on how to record the Windows screen using OBS Studio. Curious? Check it out below:
1. Set up OBS Studio first
OBS Studio is a bit complex, so you have to do a little setup first before starting. Don't worry, it's easy to set it up, just follow the steps below:
1. First, you have to make sure that you have installed and downloaded the OBS Studio application on your PC or laptop. If not, please do downloads the OBS Studio application is here.
2. After that, you open the results downloads-, and immediately install the application.
3. If so, now you can enter the application then click the menu Settings, continue by clicking Videos.
4. Next, you select the resolution as well frame rate for the video, but also make sure that your internet connection is adequate settingsThe things you apply, yes.
5. Finally, you click Videos again, then select bitrate according to your needs.
Also Read: Best Gaming Laptops
2. How to Record Windows Screen Using OBS Studio
OK, now let's get into how to record the Windows screen using OBS Studio. For very easy steps, see below:
1. Once you are done with settings-an video, now you notice that at the bottom there is a sign + (plus), click the sign.
2. Then, you select the menu Windows Capture To record the Windows screen use OBS Studio.
3. The next step, you can click directly OK just to start recording. However, you can actually change the file name in the “Windows Capture” column.
4. Now, make sure that the video you want to record is in the form of PRISMLiveStudio.exeif so continue by clicking OK.
5. Almost finished, now you can set the area for the screen that will be displayed. You can adjust it by moving the red lines as in the picture according to your needs. Then, don't forget to click Transitions.
6. Done, now you have two windows, viz PREVIEW: Records And PROGRAM: Records.
If Preview meaning it's a display that you can edit first before you finally decide to record the screen. Whereas Program is the screen display that will be presented to the audience.
3. How to Add a Webcam Screen When Recording Windows Screen using OBS Studio
Well, if you want live streaming While displaying your face on the screen, you can also display the camera webcams when recording a Windows screen using OBS Studio. Here's how:
1. After you have successfully recorded the screen as above, now you click the icon PLUS (+) again, then select Video Capture Device.
2. Then, don't forget to change the name, then click OK.
3. Now video webcams You have appeared but the video is still broken. To overcome this, you can scroll And settings resolution, FPS, etc. as shown in the image below. Select everything to settings-an maximum. If so, you click OK.
4. Next, you set the area and width of the screen webcams what you want to display.
5. After that, don't forget to click Transitions order part PROGRAM: Records by settings which has existed.
Done, now you can record the screen using the OBS STudio application. How, it's very easy right? Even though at first it seems complex with the presence of many features, OBS Studio is actually easy to use. Are you interested in trying it?